Leadership vs Leadersheep

I wrote this article in a plane while traveling to UK, it took me few minutes to write the essential idea although I’ve been thinking on it for few weeks before I wrote done the lines below. I have to say when I read them again to publish in the blog the look like a draft but I want to publish them now and decorate the text in the future. In other words, take the lines below as notes for a draft but describing the essential.

There are a lot of books, articles, videos and tweets about Leadership where you can find lot of information and advices to improve your skills as a leader, but I have just found few of references to the people who makes a leader a much better leader, leader’s teams.

I have to say when I started professionally I expected my boss to give me all instructions to follow and all the details I need to complete my work, but I didn’t realise my boss and the rest of the team expected me to ask the right questions and add a value to the work done by the team.

With the years one of the biggest lessons I’ve learnt: collaboration and cooperation between leaders and teams make a better and faster success. It is not only about a great leader leading sheeps, it works but giving as a result an average success, it is about the balance of a great leader leading a great team, then the success will be brilliant.


A team following and accepting all instructions and details given by their leaders is an easy work for the leader and does not allow an environment for a continuous improvement. Otherwise, a team which is able to challenge their leaders and help to build an environment where collaboration is the key will help to grow both leaders and teams.

0 comentarios: